Lectures & Events
Lectures & Public Events
Leonardo Art Science Evening Rendezvous April 2018
The Stanford LASERs are part of a national program of gatherings that brings artists and scientists together for informal presentations and conversation with the audience. Each evening event, free of charge and open to the public, will present four artists, scientists, thinkers, inventors, and scholars who are working on paradigm shifts. Each evening also allows the audience to socialize and encourages people in the audience to briefly introduce their own work. Chaired by Piero Scaruffi.Speakers include:
- Carrie Hott (Media Artist) on "Nets for the Unweighable: a Brief History of Nets"
- Blair Kaneshiro (Stanford University) on "Music Discovery"
- Janine Zacharia (Stanford University) on "The Future of Journalism"
- Catherine Chalmers (Artist) on "The Original Social Network"
- Location: Li Ka Shing Building, Room LK130
- Admission: Free
- Parking: There should be ample parking in the structure on corner of Campus Drive West and Roth Way.
- The Stanford LASERs are sponsored by the Stanford Deans of Research; Engineering; Humanities & Sciences; Medicine; and Earth, Energy & Environmental Sciences; Continuing Studies; and the Office of Science Outreach.