Lectures & Events
Lectures & Public Events
Leonardo Art Science Evening Rendezvous June 2018
The Stanford LASERs are part of a national program of gatherings that brings artists and scientists together for informal presentations and conversation with the audience. Each evening event, free of charge and open to the public, will present four artists, scientists, thinkers, inventors, and scholars who are working on paradigm shifts. Each evening also allows the audience to socialize and encourages people in the audience to briefly introduce their own work. Chaired by Piero Scaruffi.
- Geri Migielicz (Stanford/ Communications) on "The Future of Journalism is Visual - Nothing Else is Certain"
- Reza Zadeh (Stanford Institute for Computational Mathematics) on "Computer Vision"
- Adriana Manago (UC Santa Cruz) on "Millennials Go Online to Build Their Offline Lives"
- Patricia Lange (CCA) on "Is Ranting Ever a Good Idea?"
- Location: Li Ka Shing Building, Room LK130
- Admission: Free
- Parking: There should be ample parking in the structure on corner of Campus Drive West and Roth Way.
- The Stanford LASERs are sponsored by the Stanford Deans of Research; Engineering; Humanities & Sciences; Medicine; and Earth, Energy & Environmental Sciences; Continuing Studies; and the Office of Science Outreach.