Lectures & Events
Lectures & Public Events
Leonardo Art Science Evening Rendezvous September 2018
The Stanford LASERs are part of a national program of gatherings that brings artists and scientists together for informal presentations and conversation with the audience. Each evening event, free of charge and open to the public, will present four artists, scientists, thinkers, inventors, and scholars who are working on paradigm shifts. Each evening also allows the audience to socialize and encourages people in the audience to briefly introduce their own work. Chaired by Piero Scaruffi.
- Hank Greely, Director of the Stanford Center for Law and the Biosciences, on "The End of Sex"
- Irina Raicu, Director of the Internet Ethics Program at Santa Clara University on "The Issues of Internet Ethics"
- Margaret Levi, Director of the Stanford Center for Advanced Study in the Behavioral Sciences, on "The Future of Work in the Age of Intelligent Automation"
- Rosanna Guadagno, Researcher with the Stanford Peace Innovation Lab at Stanford Universty, on "Peace Data Standard: A Practical and Theoretical Framework for Using Technology to Examine Intergroup Interactions"
- Location: Law School - Crown Quadrangle (559 Nathan Abbott Way) - Room 180
- Admission: Free
- Parking: The two parking lots closest to the law school are Wilbur Field Garage at Campus Drive East and Arguello Mall and the Tresidder Lot near Tresidder Union and the Faculty Club, off Mayfield Ave. Parking is free after 4pm. Directions here.
Sponsored by the Center for Law and the Biosciences; the Stanford Deans of Research; Engineering; Humanities & Sciences; Medicine; and Earth, Energy & Environmental Sciences; Continuing Studies; and the Office of Science Outreach.