Lectures & Events
Lectures & Public Events
Leonardo Art Science Evening Rendezvous April 2019
The Stanford LASERs are part of a national program of gatherings that brings artists and scientists together for informal presentations and conversation with the audience. Each evening event, free of charge and open to the public, will present four artists, scientists, thinkers, inventors, and scholars who are working on paradigm shifts. Each evening also allows the audience to socialize and encourages people in the audience to briefly introduce their own work. Chaired by Piero Scaruffi.
- Helen Bronte-Stewart, Stanford Neuroscience, on "Using Art and Science to Improve the Lives of People with Parkinson's disease"
- Adrienne Mayor, Stanford Classics, History and the Philosophy of Science on "Gods and Robots."
- Jay McClelland, Stanford Center for Mind, Brain and Computation, on "Mathematical Cognition"
- Rhonda Holberton, Media Artist, on "Best of Both Worlds: Physical Ramifications of Digitally Engineered Reality(s)"
- Location: Li Ka Shing Building, Room LK 120
- Admission: Free
- Parking: There should be ample parking in the structure on corner of Campus Drive West and Roth Way.
- The Stanford LASERs are sponsored by the Stanford Deans of Research; Engineering; Humanities & Sciences; Medicine; and Earth, Energy & Environmental Sciences; Continuing Studies; and the Office of Science Outreach.